good espresso grinder

grinders for home and commercial

good espresso grinder

Postby Nick Walton on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm a Mazzer man, myself.

A few days ago a customer of mine had a grinder go out on them, and they needed a good, (cheap) fix, so my older Mazzer Major was just the thing for them. I was thinking about selling & replacing it in my coffee house anyway. I was about to click "buy" on a new Robur to replace it, and then I thought maybe I should get some advice on something new.

I like experimenting, I like new things... Any thoughts on what else should have a place on my bar? I have a Robur each for a single origin, blend & guest coffee, and a had a Major for decaf. I was thinking of either an Anfim or that funky looking Mythos from NS. I haven't done a ton of research on the Mythos.

Thoughts for an upstart?
Nick Walton

full name: Nicholas Walton
company: Mud River Coffee Roasting
: http://www.mudrivercoffee.com
: facebook.com/mudriver

Re: good espresso grinder

Postby Alistair Durie on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:44 pm

We've had a "new" version Mythos on our bar for about 2 months now, and we've decided to switch out our Robur-E's to Mythos.

They hold less ground coffee in the chamber (too easy to beat the Robur), easier to use (adjust as well as clean), and the coffee tastes better. Waste has been cut down as the Mythos grinder falls out of calibration less often through the day.
Alistair Durie
Elysian Coffee | photos | tweets
Alistair Durie
admin

full name: Alistair Durie
company: Elysian Coffee
: www.elysiancoffee.com
: www.coffeed.com