I bet Rod Lazar got his coffee out.

R.
Robert Goble
Elysian Coffee
Robert Goble

full name: Robert Goble
company: Elysian Coffee
: www.elysiancoffee.com

Re: Who's getting coffee from Ethiopia right now?

Postby Mark Inman on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:06 am

I often wonder whatever became of Rod?

Rumors have been swirling amongst the cognoscenti about the whereabouts of Rod for quite some time.

Some say that he had gotten in too deep with loan sharks in Sulawesi as he has had an unquenchable thirst for dice and betting at the rat tracks. He is rumored to have lost his left foot from an inability to pay his debts.

Other say that he had gone "feral" while searching for the elusive "Silver Bourbon" in Northern Colombia. He is one of the rare individuals to be allowed to live amongst the Kogi. It has been said that his once stunning hear is now matted and dreading in parts.

I've even heard that Rod has been placing much more focus on his martial arts and is making a run for the US Judo team for the olympics. He had to sell his 78 Trans Am to fund his continuous training.

Do any of you know the truth behind these rumors? Have you heard anything else?

Mark Inman
Mark Inman

full name: Mark Inman
company: Tru Bru
: www.trubru.com

Re: Who's getting coffee from Ethiopia right now?

Postby Tim Dominick on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:13 am

I heard Rod bought 160 acres in Mendocino and a pair 50Kw gennies to go along with his 20' x 60' light dep greenhouse. His airstrip is just about finished. He is breeding lapahaul bull dogs and has a pair of stunningly beautiful 19 year old girlfriends. He is only roasting pico/nanolots that were imported using his Learjet and faithful personal pilot Rusty. The farmers were brought along and each lot was carried on the lap of the person who grew it. His new strategy is to roast 300 grams at a time and only supplying his inner-inner circle.

He put the rumors of his dire straits out there to throw everyone off his tip. Although the dreadlock part is true, as if by magic they are ankle-length already.

Word on the street is that RL is trying to get out ahead of the new California coffee shop concept. His first dispensary is set to open on April 20th, and apparently he has isolated something special that will take the coffee world by storm.

There does seem to be quite a bit of Mordecofe on the water. The boss man was a high official in the g'vt at one point...Wonder if that helped?
Tim Dominick

full name: Tim Dominick
company: Sacred Grounds Coffee
: www.sacred-grounds.com

Re: Rod Lazar Update

Postby Alistair Durie on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 am

"Sixteen ships are currently being held for ransom by seagoing pirate gangs."
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/10/world ... lobal-home

Hmmm...
Alistair Durie
Elysian Coffee | photos | tweets
Alistair Durie
admin

full name: Alistair Durie
company: Elysian Coffee
: www.elysiancoffee.com
: www.coffeed.com

Postby Mark Inman on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:05 am

I was thinking the same thing Alistair. Funny how we start speaking of Rod's whereabouts and this happens? A sign, perhaps?

Mark Inman
Mark Inman

full name: Mark Inman
company: Tru Bru
: www.trubru.com

Postby andynewbom on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:01 am

At first I thought this whole site and deal was legit... bt the more I think about it and the more I hear about what these guys are supposedly doing, I am convinced that Rod Lazar is alive and well and spinning his usual magic at origin. Need proof? check this site out and you will know that it HAS to be a sick evil joke. :|
Andy Newbom
serious coffee.
andynewbom

full name: Andy Newbom
company: Barefoot Coffee