New York Coffee Summit, Friday, May 1

barista competitions, trade shows, jams, tastings

New York Coffee Summit, Friday, May 1

Postby Liz Clayton on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:38 am

This Friday, Edible Manhattan and the International Culinary Center are hosting the first annual New York Coffee Summit here in New York City — an industry gathering focused on discussion of the exciting coffee frontier in this suddenly very competitive town.

I've been privy to some of the planning of this for a few months now, and am excited to see it come to fruition. The docket includes a day of panels on major issues in coffee like environmental change and the current economic situation — tuned in with a closer view to how these issues play in New York and what effect they have on the companies that do business here. I believe many of the luminaries, barista champions and other notorious types known to coffee aficionados such as this readership will be on hand to provide insight, pull shots, and try to convince restaurateurs of the merits of Chemex.

A few spots are available to the general public for this event and the organizer, Rachel Graville, has asked me to forward this invitation along (remaining tickets available on a first-come-first-served basis). The cost of $35 includes a seated lunch at L'Ecole, the school of the Institute.

Find more information here.

I look forward to the opening of this very local dialogue on coffee, and to seeing many of you there!

LC
Liz Clayton

full name: Liz Clayton
company: twitchy labs
: http://twitchy.org