REQUEST FOR PRESENTATIONS
23rd Annual Exposition, The Event in Houston, TX
April 28-May1, 2011
DEADLINE AUGUST 27TH
Are you a coffee industry expert? Are you an engaging speaker with cutting edge information to share?
If so, SCAA’s Professional Development Committee is now accepting presentation proposals for 75-minute “knowledge-building” lectures to be held at the 23rd Annual Exposition in Houston, Texas. Lecture courses will be held between 9 AM and 12 PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of The Event and require presenters to be available during this time.
General themes include, but are not limited to:
Coffee Business Strategies • Sustainability • Coffee Preparation • Coffee Grading & Evaluation • Coffee Roasting & Coffee Processing • Global Issues in Coffee
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: DEADLINE AUGUST 27th.
All submissions are to be done online via the 2010 Session Coordinator Online Web Form (http://forms.scaa.org/lectures.php). You may submit more than one proposal. Email confirmations will be sent within 10 days for all proposals received.
Presentations will be reviewed by the Professional Development Committee and selected by the SCAA September Leadership Summit on October 1- 3rd, 2010. At this time, you will receive an email notifying you if your presentation has been selected. If your presentation has been selected, as the mentor for this presentation, you will be responsible for the following:
• Provide presenter information, including all contact information
• Provide 50 word biographies
• Provide audio visual needs
• Collect signed Presenter/Release forms for each scheduled presenter
• Submits Session Outline – Overall flow of class and presenter designated for each section of presentation.
• Submit Handout - 10pg MAX, Group collaboration
• Submit 'Papers' - 10pg Max, Individual Presenters
Detailed instructions will come after October 1- 3rd, 2010.