going to scaa?

the specialty coffee association of america

going to scaa?

Postby Sean Starke on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:05 am

Looks like I will be there after all. Who else is planning on going? I registered and asked the SCAA for a list of folks who have registered and they said "sure, for $150 we'll tell you." Um, sorry, but I don't think so. They even want to charge members $75.
Sean Starke
Coffee America (USA) Corp.
Sean Starke

Re: going to scaa?

Postby phaelon56 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:14 am

Would love to but my available travel time and budget are being held in reserve for my first origin trip later this year.
Owen O'Neill
Syracuse NY

Phaelon Coffee
and
New York Central Coffee Roasters
phaelon56

full name: Owen O'Neill
company: Phaelon Coffee / New York Central Coffee

Re: going to scaa?

Postby Rich Westerfield on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Sean Starke wrote:Looks like I will be there after all. Who else is planning on going? I registered and asked the SCAA for a list of folks who have registered and they said "sure, for $150 we'll tell you." Um, sorry, but I don't think so. They even want to charge members $75.

That's pretty dumb and shortsighted. Having produced shows/conferences for years, the attendee list is always one of the most requested things - and usually from other potential attendees. They want to see who they can hang/network with. It's often one of those things that gets fence-sitters to decide to attend.

The reason to not do it is because unscrupulous individuals will use the info for a mail list.

The simple way for SCAA to do this is to take the registration spreadsheet, strip out contact info and publish name/company on a pdf and post it. Few, if any, suppliers will take the time/effort to fill in the rest of the blanks to create something useful to them.

This is SOP for the majority of professional conferences.
Rich Westerfield, Co-owner
aldocoffee.com
I'm just here to regulate funkiness.
Rich Westerfield