Postby Les Quon on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:55 am

Name # Right Time

1. Barrett Jones 49th parallel 7/8 4:05
2. Poul Mark Transcend Coffee 7/8 4:27
3. Amber Fox Alchemy 7/8 6:59
4. Chad Moss Transcend 5/8 2:33
5. Josh Hockin Transcend 5/8 4:06
6. Andrea Piccolo Swiss Water Decaf 5/8 4:45

Congratulations to Barrett Jones , who got 7/8 correct and just edged out Poul Mark by 22 seconds. Barrett will go on to represent Canada in Cologne Germany this June, at the World Cup taster's challenge ( unless someone gilloolies him).

Awesome showing by all the competitor's involved, a big shout out for everyone who stepped up and bared their buds for all to see.

Much thanks to Edwin Hernandez (the Bob Barker of the Coffee world) , Marcus Boni ( did I mention he's crazy?) and their gang of volunteers who basically measured, weighed, brewed, bussed like mad dogs during the event. Canada thanks all of you and sponsors Technivorm, Boyd's, mahlkoenig for putting on a great event and thanks to Ric Rhinehart of the SCAA for allowing us to share your stage.

If you didn't get to watch the challenge, make a note to catch it next time at regionals or nationals. Participants had a great time with it, and the defending World Cup Tasting Challenge Champion, Mr. Morrissey was right... it is a great event to watch, no waiting for scores with good drama and suspense.
Les KU.. an ,
*remove $$$*
ibex$$$1989@$$$yahoo.com
Les Quon

full name: Les Kuan
company: ibex Agencies Ltd
: www.canadianbaristaacademy.com

Re: Canadian Cup Tasters Challenge 2009 Results

Postby Les Quon on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:27 am

Sorry.. my bad, I blame Jet Lag and the chili dog at the Varsity.. Edwin Martinez... and on hindsight he's more of a Alex Trebec than a Bob Barker..

Thanks again Edwin
Les KU.. an ,
*remove $$$*
ibex$$$1989@$$$yahoo.com
Les Quon

full name: Les Kuan
company: ibex Agencies Ltd
: www.canadianbaristaacademy.com