Announcing the launch of SCAA's brand new website!

the specialty coffee association of america

Announcing the launch of SCAA's brand new website!

Postby Ellie on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:25 am

Hi all,

I hope you've had a chance to check out the brand-new and wildly improved SCAA Website. This new site utilizes a dashboard format and modern design for enhanced user-friendliness and I believe an overall more useful and better experience.

If you work for an SCAA member company, I implore you to register and check out the awesome new Member Portal and members-only content. You do not need to know your company's member number as you do not need it to log in! As I have been an employee, not a company principal, through my entire coffee career, this is an improvement of enormous personal importance to me. Click on "Member Login" of the upper right-hand corner of the homepage to get started. If you have participated in SCAA events or activities, all you need to do is use the email address you have used to sign up for those events (volunteering at a barista competition, attending a regional Skill-building workshop, or attending Expo or Symposium, for example) you will need to use this email address to register by creating your own password.

Coming soon to the members area you can track your own unique Professional Development (click on "My Professional Development" on the left) which will (HOORAY!) indicate your progress on any SCAA Certifications or Credentials you have begun working toward or have completed. This is still a few weeks away, but once it launches, if something is missing here (say, completion of the Level 1 Barista Certification or progress toward Journeyman Roaster or the SCAA Lead Instructor Credential), please email Maria Hawkins at SCAA mhawkins@scaa.org to ensure your progress is tracked accurately.

I'm so incredibly grateful to and proud of Lily, Marcus, Mansi, Tracy, Maria, and all of the SCAA staff that made this new website happen. The active and ongoing participation from our members will help this site to realize its incredible potential as a member benefit and I encourage you to check it out early and often. Please keep in mind this is the first phase of launch. Much of the content will continue to be populated through the next phases so keep checking back!

Full disclosure: I am a proud member of the SCAA Board of Directors and Chair of the SCAA Professional Development Committee. I am highly interested in any feedback regarding the website or whatever else from members anytime. Please feel free to contact me directly with questions or comments.
Ellie Matuszak
SCAA Professional Development Director
WBC Board of Directors
Ellie

full name: Ellie Matuszak
company: SCAA
: http://scaa.org
: http://scaasymposium.org

Re: Announcing the launch of SCAA's brand new website!

Postby Jeff Givens on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Very nice design, both visually and navigation-wise. Looks very tight!
Jeff Givens

full name: Jeff Givens
company: Southern Skies Coffee Roasters

Re: Announcing the launch of SCAA's brand new website!

Postby Tarashenson on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:39 am

Thanks for posting this Ellie! The staff is so excited to finally share this new site with our members!

We just redesigned our SCAA blog as well http://www.scaablog.org
Tarashenson

full name: Tara Shenson
company: SCAA
: scaa.org