2007 El Salvador Cup of Excellence

coffee competitions, auctions, best of panama, etc

2007 El Salvador Cup of Excellence

Postby Luis Rodriguez on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:13 am

Hi all,
just wanted to post our 5th CoE auction results from yesterday, congratulations to all the winning bidders, we hope you are happy as we are..... El Salvador 2007 CoE

From El Salvador to the world!

L

Highlights:
- 4th best salvador prize for COE
- Best average since we started 5 years ago
- 17 brand new CoE buyers getting sal this year
- great pacamaras and bourbons all around :wink:
Luis Rodriguez

full name: Luis Rodriguez
company: Caferium - Exceptional Coffee Consulting
: www.caferium.com
: www.strictaltura.com

Postby Steve on Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:27 am

Luis

I'd like to congratulate El Salvador for leading the way in COE auctions with great leadership, organisation and fantastic examples of true quality coffee.

For along time I've held the opinion that other producing countries could learn from your example, and the reward you are receiving are earned through had work and dedication. I know I'm thrilled with my coffee, cant wait for it to arrive.

Viva El Salvador.
Stephen Leighton
http://www.hasbean.co.uk
Steve

Postby SL28ave on Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:23 pm

As a juror and buyer I'm very proud to have been a part of this competition. The growers and other professionals in El Salvador seemed soaking with passion for quality and the drive to make it happen. This vitality coupled with great terroir easily compensates for El Salvador's being smaller in area than the state of Massachusetts. Is it just my imagination that on a map of Central America, El Salvador most resembles a coffee bean?

Judging was difficult because of the *complexity* of flavor in general, not to mention the unexpected flavor *density* in the top Pacamaras. I was humbled and perhaps learned more than I judged.

The next few years will be very interesting, too, as Santa Ana fully recovers from 2005's volcanic eruption and "artisinal" producers continue to develop Pacamara's niche in Chalatenango.

*drinking La Hondurita (4th place) as I type this*

Mucho Gracias!
-Peter Lynagh
SL28ave

full name: Peter Lynagh
company: student

Congratulations El Salvador!

Postby Andi Trindle on Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:48 pm

I was also a member of the International Jury for this competition and had a great time and really enjoyed the coffees. Lovely floral notes, with great citrus acidity. Congratulations to all of the auction winners and to El Salvador for producing some lovely coffees.

If anyone is interested in some national lots from the auction, please contact me. I'm helping to sell them as part of a USAID funded project in an effort to support the farmers who did not make it to the international auction.

Best wishes,
Andi

Please forgive any small typos caused by voice dictation.

Andi C. Trindle
International Women's Coffee Alliance President
Boot Coffee Consulting / VOLCAFE Specialty Coffee
415.239.2205 / Fax 415.239.2570
actbean@sbcglobal.net
Andi Trindle