Screw-less dispersion screens

la marzocco, synesso, simonelli, cimbali etc

Re: Screw-less dispersion screens

Postby paul_pratt on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:52 pm

The DC dispersion block is slightly different than in Jason's LaSpaz pic. The screen and screw look the same but the hole pattern is different. The DC has 6 holes quite close to the centre and nothing else. I'm interested to know about any preinfusion on this and the Spaz because I'm getting first pour within a second or so.

Mind you for a person never who has never touhced anything under 58mm before the whole 54mm deep baskets and low protruding dispersion block is a fascinating rethink for me.
paul_pratt

full name: Paul Pratt
company: Cafelat

Postby Marshall on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Reports are that the DC can be set for 2 or 4-second "gravity driven" preinfusions.
Marshall Fuss
Lawyer
Pasadena, California
Member SCAA
Marshall

full name: Marshall Fuss
company: Marshall R. Fuss, Attorney at Law
: http://www.linkedin.com/in/fusslaw

Postby Marshall on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 pm

paul_pratt wrote:Mind you for a person never who has never touhced anything under 58mm before the whole 54mm deep baskets and low protruding dispersion block is a fascinating rethink for me.

Oh, while we've "got you on the line," Paul. Are you planning any 54mm Bumper tampers?
Marshall Fuss
Lawyer
Pasadena, California
Member SCAA
Marshall

full name: Marshall Fuss
company: Marshall R. Fuss, Attorney at Law
: http://www.linkedin.com/in/fusslaw

Postby Jason Haeger on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Just to be clear, those are James's photos.

I posted them for him since he was a tad delinquent due to a customer.
Jason Haeger

full name: Jason Haeger
company: AJ Coffee Company | EspressoTrainer.com
: http://www.ajcoffeeco.com

Postby JaanusSavisto on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:28 am

paul_pratt wrote:The DC dispersion block is slightly different than in Jason's LaSpaz pic. The screen and screw look the same but the hole pattern is different. The DC has 6 holes quite close to the centre and nothing else. I'm interested to know about any preinfusion on this and the Spaz because I'm getting first pour within a second or so.

Mind you for a person never who has never touhced anything under 58mm before the whole 54mm deep baskets and low protruding dispersion block is a fascinating rethink for me.

well, looking at my DC at the training centre, i notice that the dispersion screen is somewhat "curvy". it doesn`t stick flat to the dispersion block. so i would presume that the room between the two act a as a small reservoir. The water gets introduced there and fills the so-called chamber and then due to lack of room forces through the holes of the screen.
Thats how i see it, please do correct me if i`m wrong.
Caffeine. My drug of choice.
Jaanus Savisto
Tallinn, Estonia
JaanusSavisto

full name: Jaanus Savisto
company: OY Infomelton

Postby paul_pratt on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:04 am

JaanusSavisto wrote:
paul_pratt wrote:The DC dispersion block is slightly different than in Jason's LaSpaz pic. The screen and screw look the same but the hole pattern is different. The DC has 6 holes quite close to the centre and nothing else. I'm interested to know about any preinfusion on this and the Spaz because I'm getting first pour within a second or so.

well, looking at my DC at the training centre, i notice that the dispersion screen is somewhat "curvy". it doesn`t stick flat to the dispersion block. so i would presume that the room between the two act a as a small reservoir. The water gets introduced there and fills the so-called chamber and then due to lack of room forces through the holes of the screen.
Thats how i see it, please do correct me if i`m wrong.

Yes the back of the brass dispersion block allows the water to pool then go through to the coffee. I was told yesterday that the other method was 0.6mm flow restrictors inside the flowmeters that allow water pressure to build up slowly.
paul_pratt

full name: Paul Pratt
company: Cafelat

Previous