Results of WBC machine testing

la marzocco, synesso, simonelli, cimbali etc

Results of WBC machine testing

Postby scottlucey on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:14 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the details of the WBC machine testing going to be released at this year's WBC, as well as the winning bid for the next machine sponsor?

Can someone point me in that direction or shed some light on the topic?

Thanks
scott lucey
flickr
Milwaukee WI
scottlucey

full name: Scott Lucey
company: Colectivo Coffee
: www.colectivocoffee.com

Re: Results of WBC machine testing

Postby IanClark on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 am

With respect to specific results for each peice of equipment, I'm pretty sure this is private information that will only be released at the Manufacturer's discretion.

As for the next sponsors, I would have been surprised if they had announced new "winners" at this year's WBC given that this would really detract from the attention given to this year's sponsors. I imagine they'll want to wait a while to let Compak, La Marzocco etc benefit from the attention they've gained at the WBC this year before they announce new sponsors.
Ian Clark
Bridgehead
Ottawa, ON
IanClark

full name: Ian Clark
company: Bridgehead
: www.bridgehead.ca

Postby James Hoffmann on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:09 am

IanClark wrote:With respect to specific results for each peice of equipment, I'm pretty sure this is private information that will only be released at the Manufacturer's discretion.

As for the next sponsors, I would have been surprised if they had announced new "winners" at this year's WBC given that this would really detract from the attention given to this year's sponsors. I imagine they'll want to wait a while to let Compak, La Marzocco etc benefit from the attention they've gained at the WBC this year before they announce new sponsors.

This is pretty much the case as far as I have heard. There might also be some new category sponsors announced. I hoped more manufacturers would choose to make their data public - I know Simonelli planned to, and I did see the one sheet Matt posted up on Barista Exchange.
James Hoffmann

full name: James Hoffmann
company: Square Mile Coffee Roasters
: http://www.squaremilecoffee.com
: http://www.jimseven.com

Postby Edwin Martinez on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:28 pm

LaMarzocco, Nuova Simonelli and a third machine/company qualified, then highest silent/mail in bid wins. Winner was to be announced at WBC stage a few hrs after WBC ended. I along with most of the exhibitors were gone before then.
Edwin D. Martinez
Edwin Martinez

Postby Emily Oak on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:33 am

Out of respect to the previous sponsors La Marzocco and Compak the decision was taken not to reveal the new sponsor in Copenhagen.

It won't be long however until the annoucment is made regarding the next 3 years.
Emily Oak

full name: Emily Oak
company: Australian Independent Roasters
: www.airoasters.com