Kedge Klub

la marzocco, synesso, simonelli, cimbali etc

Kedge Klub

Postby Philip Goldring on Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:53 pm

I was wondering if anybody had any comments on this brand. Espresso Restorations has a positive article. Greenbeanery in Toronto has intersting pricing, (around $2K for a 1 group and about $500 more for a 2 group).
Thanks,
Philip Goldring
Philip Goldring

Postby Brent on Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:03 pm

If it is the same brand I am thinking of, then its a cheap import.

Plastic everything, can't comment on the qualtiy of the cup though.

I may have the brand wrong - and the price seems up there if it is USD you are quoting.
Brent
Brent

full name: Brent
company: .

Postby paul_pratt on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:50 pm

Hmmm maybe I may take down my little "review". A few years back when I saw their 1st machine I thought it was crude but not a bad effort, made decent shots and had bags of steaming power. I wouldn't say it was plasticky because at the time they were still using a lot of CMA parts I believe.

I didn't get the chance to see their new flashy one at SCAA, only the odd passing glance. Is it them that have the "no breakdown" ad slogan??? If it is them then I think that's a bit of a silly thing to use as it's just tempting fate and well, it is still early days to say that sort of thing.

Politics aside, Taiwan is very much different to China and they have a fanaticism for coffee and gadgets. I think by under-pricing in the market it may have had a negative effect and people will assume it is "cheap and cheerful". Personally I would have gone the other way (e.g. the Japanese) and gone all out with the design, functions and build quality and not under priced it in the market - maybe even quite high.

There must be someone out there using one who can chip in??

Paul
paul_pratt

full name: Paul Pratt
company: Cafelat