GB/5 trouble shoot

la marzocco, synesso, simonelli, cimbali etc

GB/5 trouble shoot

Postby scottlucey on Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:32 am

i turn on my GB/5, and only one group is functioning. that is to say, once the machine is heated and the brew buttons light up indicating prime temp... only one group is illuminated and only one group is turning on and brewing.

yes, i have a service resource whom i have consulted (but i am not patient with the rate of which our service dept may be busy with other matters) and am opting to see if anyone in this beautiful coffee community has any answers.
scott lucey
flickr
Milwaukee WI
scottlucey

full name: Scott Lucey
company: Kickapoo Coffee Roasters
: kickapoocoffee.com

Postby paul_pratt on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:00 pm

I'd first check that the ribbon cables are all plugged in properly at the back of the switch. Take top cover off the machine (power off of course) and then with the dexterity of a contortionist you need to reach inside and push the connectors on the button box. It's possible it is loose as the button box screws/fixings do come loose on the GB/5.

Again I'd do the same on the main box which is the slidy tray thing under the machine.

If it doesn't do the trick a service call is required. Maybe the main menu has been altered or something needs replacement.

Paul
paul_pratt

full name: Paul Pratt
company: Cafelat

Postby scottlucey on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:39 am

that was it!

thank you paul pratt.
scott lucey
flickr
Milwaukee WI
scottlucey

full name: Scott Lucey