GB5 EE temp diff...

la marzocco, synesso, simonelli, cimbali etc

Postby paul_pratt on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:59 pm

gscace wrote:
I'm guessing that there might be some small environmental effects , but I'd also suspect temperature sensor accuracy plays a major part in this. Dunno if they FB 80 uses the same temperature sensor as is in my frankenlinea (type J thermocouple), but if so, then the accuracy of the temperature sensor is +- 2.2 Degrees C for ASTM standard grade probes. That value shouldn't be confused with repeatability. The same sensor should give the same answer time after time to high precision. It's just that the shot group may be a little off. FWIW, +- 2.2 C corresponds to +- 4 degrees F, which completely accounts for the temperature spread you've observed.

-Greg

Should be PT1000 for GB5 + FB80

paul
paul_pratt

full name: Paul Pratt
company: Cafelat

Postby gscace on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:44 pm

paul_pratt wrote:
gscace wrote:
I'm guessing that there might be some small environmental effects , but I'd also suspect temperature sensor accuracy plays a major part in this. Dunno if they FB 80 uses the same temperature sensor as is in my frankenlinea (type J thermocouple), but if so, then the accuracy of the temperature sensor is +- 2.2 Degrees C for ASTM standard grade probes. That value shouldn't be confused with repeatability. The same sensor should give the same answer time after time to high precision. It's just that the shot group may be a little off. FWIW, +- 2.2 C corresponds to +- 4 degrees F, which completely accounts for the temperature spread you've observed.

-Greg

Should be PT1000 for GB5 + FB80

paul

Class B Pt100 accuracy is +- 0.8C, which is +- 1.44F. Readout device should add a little to that uncertainty.

-Greg
gscace

full name: Gregory Scace
company: Espresso Research

Postby Goatherd on Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:40 pm

Andy...Greg, thank you.
Michael
Wandering Goat Coffee Co.

Coffee is an event.
Goatherd

Previous