Coffeed Membership: how to get one

about coffeed.com

Coffeed Membership: how to get one

Postby Alistair Durie on Mon May 12, 2008 10:42 pm

The aim of a limited membership on Coffeed.com is a forum with a low-post count and high quality content that stays on topic. It is difficult to enjoy or keep in touch with message forums with hundreds of posts per day, and is also difficult to administrate them. I don't have time for that. This is not a chat board, this is a place for sharing and learning about coffee. Coffeed membership is focused to a small group of industry professionals. New registrations are processed with the help of a membership panel.

The majority of the current membership is from the USA, many of those in the retail side of the industry (Retailer's and Barista's). This means that further membership for this group is less likely than that of coffee producer, roaster, or in the import or export field. This is a loose format with the aim of creating a balanced and informative membership.

There is no application form. The only process for membership is by sending an email to admins@coffeed.com and stating your case. Briefly explain your background, how long you have worked in coffee, and your current position. Tell us what experience and knowledge you have that will add value to the membership. Be sure to include a link to your company website and personal blog if you have one.

This is sometimes a slow process. For those that have written emails but have not had a response: I am very sorry that your application remains pending. I have limited time to spend on the email we receive, not am I able to respond to everyone.

Regardless if you have a membership or not, I truly hope you enjoy reading the forum.

Also, if you are yet without a membership you can write in: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alistair Durie
Elysian Coffee | photos | tweets
Alistair Durie
admin

full name: Alistair Durie
company: Elysian Coffee
: www.elysiancoffee.com
: www.coffeed.com